Sunday 26 April 2009

Welcome to York


Hello! My name is Jackie, I'm 22 and a final year undergraduate at the University of York. I'm plannin on doing an MA and staying in York for the next year, maybe moving back in the future, who knows? All I know is that I love all aspects of York - campus, city centre, suburbs and surroundings. 

This is one of my favourite images of York - the Minster against a perfectly blue sky. It can't be beaten. The level of workmanship and time involved in this building astounds me every time I pass it and I can't help but stare up at the spires.

Welcome to York!

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of DP - good to see a new blog out of York as Ruby's YDP seems to be at standstill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hyde DP - Thank you! I've only recently been introduced to CDP by a friend, but as I noticed the York blog had not been updated for a while I thought I would join in! Looking forward to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to community!
    We may not be able to leave comment often as we like to, but that doesn't mean we are not following. Have a wonderful blogging experience with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the CDP. I'm so glad York is back as a photo blog since Ruby's has lapsed. You are right it is such a beautiful city in every way. Fabulous image to start with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good day Jackie! Fun to see your pics of York. Have you seen the Duchess of Pork, I mean York lately? Sorry, bad joke. I'm new to CDP; I started EAGAN daily photo. York seems like a lovely place. Kind regards from Minnesota, USA

    ReplyDelete