Wednesday 29 April 2009

Campus Wednesday

Understandably, a lot of my time (although much less since I moved into private rented accommodation) is spent on the University campus. Most of it is a series of fairly grey (although architecturally interesting) concrete buildings. In the right light, and from the right angles, these make lovely photos; my banner, for example, is Central Hall, and I do have a strange fondness for the odd angles. 

The photo above is the Quiet Place. It's one of the older buildings on campus, near to Heslington Hall, the original home of the University, and now it's administrative centre. You can access the Quiet Place by asking the Derwent porters for the key and spend a quiet afternoon there, in peace.

2 comments:

  1. I guess I wouldn't be near the Quiet place. I tend to study with music... I can't stay quiet for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never studied in there either, to be honest. I like to have noise when I'm studying as well.

    ReplyDelete