Monday 11 May 2009

Waiting for the bus


For the last couple of days, I've had to get the bus into work. Normally I cycle in, which takes around 20 minutes, but I have a puncture on my front wheel, which I fixed, reattached, and which promptly punctured again. So I had to buy a new inner tube (and brakes while I was about it...) and I haven't got round to fixing them yet. I really should - it takes me so much longer to get places - I have to leave around 30minutes earlier than I would if I was taking my bike. It's also costing me a fortune! 3 pounds for a return trip - stupidly expensive. I suppose I am lucky in that the Number 6 is a very regular and reliable bus.


So, my last trip on the bus for a while will be tomorrow, as I plan on fixing my bike when I get in tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. I used to cycle into work daily when I lived in York...and I remeber some great pub cycle rides in the surrounding viallages too...biking is for sure the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't they do a weekly ticket you could buy to save money?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, but that's still quite expensive. I don't honestly use the bus daily anyway - I only have to go into town for work 2 or 3 times a week. Now I have *mostly* fixed my bike (still have the back brakes to sort, but considering that the front ones took over an hour to fit and sort, I might leave it a little while...) I will be going everywhere on two wheels again, for free!

    ReplyDelete