Wednesday 13 May 2009

Campus Wednesday


A small overview of campus taken from outside the university library. I'm looking out over Vanbrugh college (that's the first squat concrete building you can see) which is part of the original 1960s campus. Beyond that you can see the wood and glass rounded building, which is currently being completed. That is HERC - Humanities and Education Research Centre. I may even have reason to go in there next year, which would be nice. I like HERC, it's a lovely design. The triangular spikes protruding from the top of HERC are the top of Central Hall - the building which features in my banner art, and where I shall graduate in 2 months time. That's also an original part of campus. The glass building beyond all of that is the so called "Exhibition Centre" if you're talking to conference guests, or physics and electronics if you're normal. It houses the biggest lecture theatre on campus (still not huge) and will be where I get photos and champagne and stuff at graduation.


I like this photo, and most of campus, because of the mix of styles and the fact that you can see the evolution of the university from beginning to present. The uni and campus may not be perfect, but it's still pretty impressive.


Now I'm going to nurse my bruises from falling down the stairs earlier. OW.

No comments:

Post a Comment