Saturday 9 May 2009

Ruins in the Museum Gardens


These are some of the ruins in the Museum Gardens. I never really knew what these ruins were until making this post *bad history student* but they are the ruins of the medieval abbey of St.  Mary. I love medieval ruins especially old abbeys and churches, although I am always a bit sad that their full splendor is gone forever. Medieval history is not so fun to study - it's all a bit speculative for my liking (she says, going to revise for her exam on popular heresy in the early middle ages...)

5 comments:

  1. I loved this place...used to call in on my way to work in the early morning. Ddo they still have the peacocks...and the japanese tour parties?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen any peacocks around - but I haven't been in for a little while. There weren't any the last time I was there...Japanese tourists on the other hand - there are often hoardes of them in the shop where I work, so I can only presume they are in the Museum Gardens as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Medieval History is interesting... up to a certain point. What I like most is Central Europe and the Byzantine Empire, but then it's because I had a professor obsessed with that topic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well thank you for this. I have a bunch of images I took here(film never scanned to pc) and I had no idea what the place was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, well I'm interested in loads of medieval history, and enjoy reading about it...and then it comes down to studying it, and I can't stand it! It's really disappointing, I'd love to be a medieval historian, but I'm not inventive enough. I like my history to be more grounded!

    ReplyDelete